Here are the latest updates from the Dubuque Community School District:
FREE WI-FI ZONES NOW AVAILABLE
In order to assist in providing support for students and families needing internet connectivity, the district has purchased and installed outdoor wireless access points to provide free Wi-Fi access in parking lots at all 19 school buildings in the district. The district will be adding signage to these locations in the future.
These access points provide free internet access between 6:30 a.m.-9 p.m. daily. Users can select the “DCSD-Public” Wif-Fi network. Those utilizing a Wi-Fi zone will be able to do so from their vehicle in order to reinforce appropriate physical distancing efforts.
Locations are as follows:
- Alta Vista Campus: Bus Lane
- Audubon Elementary School: Staff Parking Lot
- Bryant Elementary School: Staff Parking Lot
- Carver Elementary School: Bus Lane
- Eisenhower Elementary School: Upper Staff Parking Lot
- Fulton Elementary School: Staff Parking Lot
- Hempstead High School: Bus Lane and Main Entrance (Flagpole) Parking Lot
- Hoover Elementary School: Staff Parking Lot
- Irving Elementary School: Main Parking Lot
- Jefferson Middle School: Rear Parking Lot
- Kennedy Elementary School: Bus Lane
- Lincoln Elementary School: Bus Lane
- Marshall Elementary School: Staff Parking Lot
- Prescott Elementary School: Bus Lane
- Roosevelt Middle School: Front Drop Off by Library and Rear Bus Lane
- Sageville Elementary School: Bus Lane
- Senior High School: Bus Lane and Main Parking Lot Near Dalzell Field Ticket Booth
- Table Mound Elementary School: Main Parking Lot Near Entrance
- Washington Middle School: Parking Lot Near Smokestack
WEEK 6 ELEMENTARY EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES NOW POSTED
Week 6 of educational materials developed by the district’s Educational Support Team are now available on our EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES WEBPAGE. This week’s resources again include Suggested Learning Resources + Activities, a Social Emotional Learning Guide, and a variety of Student Handouts and Worksheets.
As a reminder, the district’s team has worked to be sure these resources meet the needs of learners across grade levels and of all abilities. Activities not marked with a specific grade level can be used by a wide range of students – look in the accommodations section of the resources for tips on making the learning accessible to your student!
If you are having difficulty with the resources or have questions about how to accommodate the activities for your child, please reach out to your child’s teacher(s) by email or Seesaw for assistance.
Printed copies of these packets will be available at meal delivery sites on Friday, May 1.
TESTIOWA WEBSITE NOW AVAILABLE
Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds recently announced the TestIowa initiative, designed to increase testing across the state and increase data collection and contact tracing related to COVID-19. As part of the initiative, all Iowa residents are encouraged to complete a short online assessment to assist in prioritizing testing. Learn more about this initiative and take the assessment at www.testiowa.com.
Yesterday, Superintendent Stan Rheingans shared plans with the Class of 2020 to hold graduation on Saturday, June 27, with a backup date of Saturday, July 25, if we are unable to gather in June. The ceremony will be held outdoors at Dalzell Field with social distancing measures in place. READ THE FULL GRADUATION UPDATE.